Ms Access Training
Microsoft Access is used by various organizations for storing and managing their data. The data stored in Ms Access can be queried and various kinds of reports can be generated for analysis. In short, Ms Access is used an information management tool by companies and organization.
Many organization requires a software system to keep track of their data. Thus a good data management system is very essential. Companies uses various software system to manage their data. But not all the software system provide clear reporting and analysis. So due to these ineffectiveness of the software, the need of software system in an organization evolves with time. For instance, many organization still use spreadsheet for report generation. Spreadsheet is an excellent tool for maintaining small amount of information. But as the volume of data increases, analysis and reporting can be very challenging. Therefore, when it becomes difficult to manage data with Excel Spreadsheets, organization can migrate to Access. Access offers the best solution for information management for organizations. It increases productivity and provides better insights for decision making.
Ms Access is very easy to operate compared to other database management system. It also provides excellent graphical user interface for working on all aspects of database. Many function like table creation, querying can be performed simply with wizard option. Users with basic programming concepts can use Ms Access efficiently. Ms Access is less expensive compared to other database management system like Oracle and MsSQL.
The main objective of this program to provide fundamental concepts and then move on to more advance functionalities thus enabling trainees to develop application in their own.
The objective of MS Access Training are:
- To understand the concepts related to database and design.
- To develop adeptness in navigating MS Access and its interface.
- To create and modify database and generate reports and user input forms.
- To learn to develop plans and use skills to examine and manage data in database.
- To learn to use advance functions with forms and reports.
- To learn to use administrative functions and other features provided by Microsoft Access such as assigning conditional values, importing and exporting data, finding and replacing data in database, Macro and VBA etc.
Who can join Ms Access Training?
This course can be taken by anyone who wants to gain the knowledge in Database Management System. The course starts with the basics of database and gradually moves on to the expert level after completion of each session. The training are provided are professional working in the related fied.
Being foundational course this course doesn’t require any prior knowledge about MS Access, we start this course from scratch. However, good working knowledge of Windows and MS Office package is essential for this course.
Module 1: Fundamental Concepts of Ms Access
In the first session we will explain what Ms Access is used for. In this session you will know that with Ms Access you can create databases and query database and generate reports.
- Concept of Database Management System
- Introduction to Ms Access
- Know how to Start Access and open a database
- Explore the Microsoft Access Environment
- Closing Ms Access Application
The introduction session may take an hour or more. After completing this section you will totally understand the importance of database, how to use Access Database and work with tables. You will be familiar with the Ms Access Interface as well.
Module 2: Designing and Working with Relational Database
The actual implementation of database starts from this session. Student will actually see how to create a database and what kind of information are stored in the database and where are they stored. In this section students are also provided a concept of how to manage data efficiently so that they generate the desired output.
- Create, design, rename and delete a Ms Access Database Solution
- Create, rename, delete and modify a Table
- Create a table by using table wizard
- Create and modify table field
- Understand data types and column length
- Understand the concept of Primary Keys
- Implement Primary keys in tables
- Introduction to queries
- Write and modify a query
- Executing queries in Ms Access
- Insert, Update and Delete Records in Table
- Sorting and Filtering data in table
- Writing queries involving multiple selection criteria.
- Using logical and comparison operators in queries
- Concept of relationships in database
- Create relationships between tables
- Understanding and implementing referential integrity
After the completion of this session, student will begin to design database as per the requirement of the organization. They should be able to manage data properly in various tables without duplication.
Module 3: Working with Forms and Reports
In this session, students are demonstrated on how to extract and generate reports for viewing and printing. Forms are used for taking input from users. You will learn various ways to create a form in Ms Access.
- Using Form wizard and Form tool to create a Form.
- Blank Form tool, Split Form tool
- Multiple Items tool to display multiple records in a form
- Layout View, Design view
- Maintain data using a form.
- Preview selected form records.
- Updating the format of a form.
- Learning to create a main form and a sub-form.
- Format custom forms with controls
- Insert, Update and Delete records in Forms
- Generate report
- Using conditional formatting to highlight values
- Add images
- Preview and print a report
- Use the report wizard to create a report
- Modify the design of reports and forms
- Using Themes
- Print a custom report.
- Sorting and grouping report data.
- Calculate group and overall totals on a report.
- Modify report controls and properties.
- Learning to create Basic to Advanced Access Reports
Module 4: Other Features in Ms Access
This is the last session of training during which students will learn the administrative functions and other features provided by Microsoft Access.
- Assign a conditional value to a calculated field
- Enter, edit, delete and navigate records
- Find and replace data
- Attach documents to and detach from records
- Import and Export data
- Concept of creating and modifying charts
- Save Database objects as other file types
- Print database objects
- Perform routine database operations
- Macros and VBA
Access now-a-days is being popularly used in many small to medium organization for tracking, reporting and working with data, reports and calculations. So, primary career that can be carved from this training is Access Administrators. However, being relational database system, MS Access training can be used as stepping stone for various Database careers.
Following careers can be carved from MS Access Training:
- Access Developer
- Access Administrator
- Database Administrator
- Database Developer